Tips to cut down on false alarms in Pensacola
False alarms can be an actual issue for home security systems. Not only are they a burden on your time and pocketbook, but they might even decrease the faith you have in your installation. Thankfully, you are able to do some things to lessen the frequency of false alarms from your Pensacola home security system.
First, make sure that your devices connected as intended. This process may sound like common sense, but it frequently happens that simple mistakes result in false alarms. For the next step, watch out for likely causes of false alarms, such as windows and doors that might be kept unsecured mistakenly. And of course, you should try to integrate the various tools like home automation and geotracking to cut down on false alarms in Pensacola.
Might it be really that easy? Keep reading to see for yourself.
Many false alarms in Pensacola can be avoided
When figuring out any issue, the first thing to do is review the guidebook. Ensure all your components are connected appropriately from your perspective by:
- Executing a checkup through your smart hub touchscreen.
- Visually inspect each sensor to be certain it didn't get knocked out of place or need a battery change.
- Check your schedules and presets to be certain that your system isn’t activating at unsuitable times.
- Be certain that all new smart components are installed correctly and aren't interfering with your alarms.
Call your service agent if you continue to have problems cutting down false alarms in your Pensacola home. They'll be happy to dispatch a tech to examine your system.
Inspect your doors and windows
In the event your configuration checks out alright, the subsequent course of action is to do an investigation of your residence. Are your doors and widows closed tightly, or do you find some accidentally cracked? If an entrance stays unlatched, it could trigger an activated sensor. If it just so happens that your household routinely fails to shut a door, you can implement a smart locking system that secures automatically when the alarm is activated. Sadly, windows need additional manual maintenance, particularly if you have a family member who enjoys to sleep with a window cracked. Thankfully, your Vivint installation makes it a breeze to disengage that sensor while still shielding the rest of the house.
Home automation can be an effective way to cut down on false alarms in Pensacola
One of the smartest methods to lessen the likelihood of false alarms is to incorporate smart home automation into your alarm system. By using your Vivint app, you’re able to:
- Set a schedule to disarm when you’re in the house and avert false alarms caused by mistakenly unlocking an entry point. Then have it automatically engage again that evening as you prepare for bed.
- Program the alarm to deactivate as your smart front door lock is activated with the right number combination.
- Set geotracking to arm the alarm as you leave the property, then turn off when you come back to the house.
- Get cell phone notifications when your devices sense abnormal motion or have need of a fresh battery.
- Connect your equipment to a smart assistant like Google Home or Alexa, so you are able to disarm and arm your system without the mobile app or your touchscreen.
Cut down on false alarms in Pensacola with a Vivint smart home system
Greater authority over your alarm system equates to fewer chances of false alarms. To get started on your Vivint security package, reach out to (850) 790-5902 or submit the form on this page.