Getting started with the Vivint Smart Hub in your Pensacola smart home
At the core of your home security, the Vivint Smart Hub connects your locks, security sensors, cameras, and thermostats into one unified system. This easy-to-operate, 7-inch color touchscreen puts you in total command of your Pensacola home’s automation and security. Learn more about what it can do and find suggestions to get started.
How can the Vivint Smart Hub in Pensacola help you?
Connecting wirelessly to devices through radio wave signals and Z-Wave communications, the Vivint Smart Hub is the command center for your residence. You may arm your system, control lights, set the temperature, and more. If adding a doorbell camera, you may even chat with visitors on your front porch. The Vivint Smart Hub features cellular capability and a battery backup to ensure reliable performance. It also gives you convenient remote access and control via the Vivint mobile app.
Here are some of the things you can do:
- View real-time or saved video streams from any integrated security cameras
- Disarm or arm your home security
- Switch lights on or off
- Close or open your garage door
- Modify your thermostat’s temperature
- Speak directly to monitoring agents
You can boost convenience even more with your Vivint Smart Hub in Pensacola by programming schedules or establishing rules. For example, you can have your smart thermostat automatically adjust every night at a particular time. Or, you can set preferences like having your entrances unlock if the smoke detector triggers.
Tips for arming and disarming your system
Before you jump into all the amazing things your Vivint Smart Hub can accomplish, you’ll want to understand how to arm and disarm your system. It’s easy - just adhere to these steps:
- Touch the shield icon on the main screen and swipe to the left for “Stay” and right for “Away.”
- Stay means you will still be present inside your home and arms all sensors besides interior doors and motion sensors.
- Away means you will be gone, and each sensor in your home will arm.
- To disarm, simply swipe down on the shield icon and input your PIN.
The Smart Hub will show a message if something is stopping the system from arming. For example, an open door will cue you to act. Keep in mind that you can still arm your home’s security by adhering to the above steps. You will then confirm you wish to ignore the sensor that isn’t ready.
How to add or remove users to your Vivint Smart Hub in Pensacola
Although various users can be programmed during the initial installation, you may want to add or remove a user at some point. Here are steps to do so.
- Press the menu icon (three dots) near the bottom right-hand side of the home screen.
- Touch “Users” and type in your PIN.
- Choose “Add new user” toward the bottom.
- Press “Name,” enter the user’s name, and hit the Next button.
- If you would like to provide the user remote capability, choose email or phone and provide the info to dispatch an invite.
- Choose Next and then enter a PIN for the added user.
- To remove a user, simply navigate to the menu, press users, select the user you would like to delete, and then select “Delete User.”
Secure and automate your home with Vivint
Would you like to take control of your home’s automation and security with an easy-to-operate touchscreen dashboard? You’ll love the Vivint Smart Hub and your new Pensacola smart home. Call (850) 790-5902 to speak with a helpful Vivint agent.